[Slapt-get-devel] A few ideas on source package handling.

Luke Yelavich luke at audioslack.com
Mon Nov 10 23:48:30 EST 2003

At 03:17 PM 11/11/2003, Jason Woodward wrote:
>Well it will have to be Pat's method as he is dictating.  Maybe it would
>be best to approach
>him with your ideas.

Point taken.

>Well, it's not a source "package" at all, rather group of files and the
>configure/make flags
>used in a build script.

Since the Slackware source build information is inconsistent in the first
place, I will go ahead and use another system for allowing users of
AudioSlack to build the packages for their system. I will however write to
Pat about the possibility of at least having some more consistency in the
package build information that is on the site, or at least find out why he
does it the way it is now.

I am still interested in helping you with the source package handling side
of things, but we need to get consistency upstream first, and I need to
move on with AudioSlack.

Luke.
--
Luke Yelavich
AudioSlack Founder and head package maintainer
luke at audioslack.com