[Slapt-get-devel] I fell missing an option and cache bug.

Michel Hermier michel.hermier at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 1 18:10:59 EDT 2004

On Friday 01 October 2004 23:38, Jason Woodward wrote:
> Hi Michel,
>
> > For the cleaning problem you missunderstood me I believe.
> > I meant one option similar to the --clean option, but which clean files outside of cache
> (--purge ???).
> > ex: somepkg-0.0.0 has be updated to somepkg-1.0.0
> > If I want to only have the lastest version of the archive inside of my cache. I have to
> manually remove the somepkg-0.0.0.tar.gz.
>
> So you have multiple versions of somepkg in /var/slapt-get and you only want the newest version?

It's what happening when you use -current and don't make a --clean :)
I only want to have the one known by slapt-get cache system.

Thinking of this I think there also should be an option to list the not installed packages ...

> > For the cache problem I think I use the last version (0.9.9b), and the problem happend to me
> yesterday.
>
> Can you send in your slapt-getrc file you are using.  Did you install this from source or
> package (and which version of slack was this package for)?

I upgraded it using slapt-get, and using slack-current has said previously.
I update problem was shown using the slack official ftp, if I remember well.

Michel