[Slapt-get-devel] Package Required Adder

Stefano Stabellini stefano at stabellini.net
Mon Sep 19 11:05:40 EDT 2005

I've finished my work on the script: I called it "PRA: Package Required
Adder". I know, the name sucks, but it's not so important, right? :)
You can download it from here:

http://www.stabellini.net/pra.html

Using this script I've rewritten the PACKAGES.TXT file from Slackware
10.2 adding dependency infos, this job took my computer 2-3 days of CPU
intense work (but I always halt my pc at night). Then I manually checked
the file to remove some useless dependencies that had been generated.
I have already tried to upgrade a slack 10.1 to 10.2 using slapt-get
with my PACKAGES.TXT and it worked fine.
I have put online a repository with the PACKAGES.TXT with some info here:

http://www.stabellini.net/depslack.html

I have also wrote a very little howto for people that want to upgrade
using Slackware cdroms.
I encourage you to try everything (especially the PACKAGES.TXT) and send
me comments, critics, etc, because I'm sure there are still some errors.
But don't be too bad :)
If you know a better way to upgrade from cdroms using the PACKAGES.TXT
please let me know and I'll put it on the webpage.
Thank you everyone for the help you'll give me :)
Regards,

Stefano Stabellini

--
stefano[AT]stabellini.net - http://www.stabellini.net

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery