[Slapt-get-devel] Slapt Extras for PackageKit

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Thu Sep 10 02:31:32 EDT 2009

Jason Woodward wrote:

>> PS. Another issue that was encountered was that saving the
>>      configuration seems to be deleting all the comments ?
>
> Yes, this is a known (currently accepted) issue.

All the uncommented information (i.e. active) was preserved
though, but wondering if I should make a copy of the file ?

Like: before the interface saves the changes (currently only
enable/disable), it would make a backup copy of slapt-getrc

>>      But anyway, now Slackware also has a decent KDE package
>>      frontend as well as the GTK frontend (that is: gslapt)
>
> That is great!

See http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/KPackageKit?content=84745

The code is (or will eventually be) available at:
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/packagekit/PackageKit
and for the GUI:
svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/playground/sysadmin/
kpackagekit

Sadly the new version (PackageKit 0.5.x) requires a version of
PolicyKit that is not available in Slackware yet, so there is
no way to get the authentication to work. But backporting the
slapt backend to PackageKit 0.4.x might be the easiest fix...

--anders