[Slapt-get-devel] gslapt and DEFAULT priority

George Vlahavas vlahavas at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 18:38:28 EDT 2010

Hi Jason,

there seems to be a problem with gslapt showing that all different package
releases of the same version are installed when used with a DEFAULT
priority. An example to make it clear, because I think I don't even
understand what I wrote there:

Use a repository with a DEFAULT priority and put a package there, say
foo-0.1-noarch-1ab
Build and install a package named foo-0.1-noarch-1xz
Launch gslapt, sort by name and you'll see that both foo-0.1-noarch-1ab and
foo-0.1-noarch-1xz are shown to be installed. Same thing if you change the
arch, for example foo-0.1-noarch-1ab and foo-0.1-i486-1ab. It seems gslapt
doesn't check anything but the main package version to determine what's
installed from a repository with a DEFAULT priority. This doesn't happen
with any other higher priority.

I just reproduced it with these in my slapt-getrc and slapt-get/gslapt from
git:
SOURCE=http://salix.enialis.net/x86_64/slackware-13.1/
SOURCE=http://salix.enialis.net/x86_64/13.1/
and with the hplip package. Package hplip-3.10.2-x86_64-2gv is only
installed, but hplip-3.10.2-x86_64-2 is shown as installed in gslapt as
well.

slapt-get --search seems to be working fine, it can differentiate between
these packages.

Best regards,

George