[Slapt-get-devel] gslapt doesn't show dependencies for all packages

George Vlahavas vlahavas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 14:15:07 EDT 2010

Hi Jason,

I think I may have found a bug with gslapt. Using the following
sources in slapt-getrc:

SOURCE=http://salix.enialis.net/i486/slackware-13.1/:OFFICIAL
SOURCE=http://salix.enialis.net/i486/slackware-13.1/extra/:OFFICIAL
SOURCE=http://salix.enialis.net/i486/13.1/:PREFERRED

a lot of packages don't show any dependency information. All that is
displayed in the dependencies tab is "No dependency information is
available". But this is wrong for many of the packages. Examples
include:

ConsoleKit
GConf
abiword
akonadi
ffmpeg
libgnomecanvas
gslapt!

and a lot more. For any of those packages, slapt-get --show displays
all dependencies properly, so it seems to be a problem with gslapt
only.

BTW, the http://salix.enialis.net/i486/slackware-13.1 repository seems
to have a problem with at least one of the packages' descriptions. I
get an "error attempting to read pkg description" message. I can't
locate which package that is, is there a way to see where the problem
is? That is not the reason for the gslapt problem anyway, I get the
same behaviour in gslapt with x86_64 repositories, where there is no
problem with any description.

Best regards,

George