[Slapt-get-devel] slapt-src mistakes source tarball for package

George Vlahavas vlahavas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 07:15:02 EDT 2011

Hi Jason,

In some cases slapt-src tries to install the source tarball instead of the
package that was just created. An example of such slackbuild is privoxy:
------------------------------------------------------------------>8
slapt-src -i privoxy
Slackware package
/usr/src/slapt-src/network/privoxy/privoxy-3.0.12-x86_64-2_SBo.txz created.

Cannot install privoxy-3.0.12-stable-src.tar.gz:  invalid package extension
------------------------------------------------------------------>8

another one is mysql-workbench-gpl (this takes a while to build):
------------------------------------------------------------------>8
slapt-src -i mysql-workbench-gpl
Slackware package
/usr/src/slapt-src/development/mysql-workbench-gpl/mysql-workbench-gpl-5.2.29-x86_64-2_SBo.txz
created.

Cannot install mysql-workbench-gpl-5.2.29-src.tar.gz:  invalid package
extension
There are more cases like that, but can't remember which ones.

This has to do with slapt_execute_regex in _get_pkg_filename in source.c,
which falsely returns a match for the source tarballs. I think the issue is
fixed with the attached patch for slapt-get which revises the regex a bit.
Don't package extensions always start with a "t" and end with a "z"?

A bit off topic, I've never seen a .tkz or .tiz package. What are these? I
was surprised to see the "k" and "i" in the regex.

Best regards,

George