[Slapt-get-devel] [GSlapt] Splitting categories from current translation files

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Thu Sep 6 05:01:14 EDT 2012

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 19:43:26 -0400
"Jason Woodward" <woodwardj at jaos.org> wrote:

> > Suggestion
> > ----------
> > Translate categories separately from .po files.
>
> I'd rather keep them included so that the resulting binary translation
> files that get created don't require any trickery to include the
> category translations.

Okay.

I do not know of the following .po entries were made indirectly by
the Gajim developers, I guess to distinguish the strings in those
entries from other strings.

File: gajim.pot
---------------
#: ../src/config.py:3153
msgid "?print_status:All"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/config.py:3154
msgid "Enter and leave only"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/config.py:3155
msgid "?print_status:None"
msgstr ""

File: config.py
---------------
 self.option_list = {'': _('Default'), 'all':
 Q_('?print_status:All'),
 'in_and_out': _('Enter and leave only'),
 'none': Q_('?print_status:None')}

The parts that are should be displayed in GUI are the words All & None.

There is nothing to distinguish in GSlapt.
Do you like to do the same in GSlapt? (i.e. ?category:Games)

On the other hand, I do not know if this is feasible since scripts like
intltool-update are ignoring the category entries.

I am merely speculating that by doing so, some translators will figure
it out while they are seeing this in the translation file and they
would ask their distro to add some more categories.

> It makes sense to encourage people to use the translations for their
> categories so that gslapt can support the derivative distros easily.
> It would also be great to help avoid duplication for category names
> when possible if there are existing translations to reuse.

This can be regulated by you, so I assume because , because if the
category is not listed in GSlapt source then it is not translatable, or
you meant to similar or even exactly the same names with different case
(e.g. Office and office) and then we might have the same category in
which one is translated and the other is not.

--
Proper English www.reddit.com/r/proper
4 teh lulz... http://email.is-not-s.ms