[Slapt-get-user] ]egex failed on [PACKAGE NAME

Christian Viller Hansen slapt-get-user@software.jaos.org
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 00:15:51 +0100

Hi Jason

Jason Woodward wrote:

>Dunno, are you still getting it?  I'm still getting various connection related issues with the
>linuxpackages.net mirrors.

I still get the errors.

>[root@slackumltest1 slapt-get 11:34 PM ]# ./slapt-get --update
>Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.linuxpackages.net/pub/Slackware-9.1/]...Done
>Retrieving patch list [ftp://ftp.linuxpackages.net/pub/Slackware-9.1/]...Failed to download:
>Couldn't cd to patches
>Retrieving checksum list [ftp://ftp.linuxpackages.net/pub/Slackware-9.1/]...Failed to download:
>Failed to connect to ftp.linuxpackages.net IP number 2: 103
>

>You are pulling the 9.1 data, are you also running Slack 9.1?  Are you using proxies?  Does
>this happen with any other source, besides linuxpackages.net?  Does this also happen if you use
>the linuxpackages.net http source, http://www3.linuxpackages.net/Slackware-9.1/  ?

My box is a clean 9.1 install. I actually installed it yesterday. But
the problem might be my proxy. I have a wierd proxy setting through a
ssh tunnel...
It works when I connect through the firewall instead. Do you think there
is a way to make the thing work through my proxy? I have a 1GB per month
limit on the firewall, so I don't want to download all the packages
through that.

BTW: Is anyone working on a danish translation?

Regards
Christian