[Slapt-get-user] ChangeLog.txt + update-notifier Error

Sean Donner slapt-get-user@software.jaos.org
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:41:59 -0700

First off i'd like to thank Jason for making a nice little update to
slapt-get that gets rid of the error when tracking current.  However, Joran,
it seems that your script has a small bug in it because everytime your
program runs at night I get the following email:

----------------------------
Subject: ALERT: Update-notifier is having trouble at maximus.atozcomp.com
To: siegex@atozcomp.com

Failed to download
http://software.jaos.org/slackpacks/10.0//patches/ChangeLog.txt

The output from the command was:
----------------------------

If you manually check the link in the email you'll notice that in fact it
does not exist.  Whether or not it *should* be there I dunno, maybe Jason
can shed some light on that and propose a fix.  Im also curious why just the
email states "The output from the command was:" but then offers nothing
after that.

And lastly, when I run your script manually I always get this warning as
well:
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/etc/cron.daily/update-notifier line 165.

Thanks guys.

-Sean