Re[2]: [Slapt-get-user] --config option

Jason Woodward slapt-get-user@software.jaos.org
Thu, 05 Aug 2004 13:58:59 -0400

--boundary-1091703054

Hi guys,

> Great idea.  that will make it very easy to switch between slackware
> official and linuxpackages.  very nice!

> > > but issuing something along the lines of "slapt-get -c
> > > /etc/slapt-get.linuxpackages.net" or "slapt-get -c
> > > /etc/slapt.get.official" might be more elegant than playing with
> > > symlinks (I like to make sure I'm giving priority to the official
> > > packages).

One thing I just wanted to make sure was clear... you'll need to rerun --update each time you
switch... so that your local package cache is built with only the available packages from the
sources you want.

The actual package data from each site will continue to be cached... so when you switch to
another config file and run --update, it will regen the package data with the cached copy of
the source (unless the source has been updated, in which case the cache is invalided... all how
it currently happens).

take care,
jason

--boundary-1091703054--