Re[2]: [Slapt-get-user] Dependancy Checking wrapper script not working.

Jason Woodward slapt-get-user@software.jaos.org
Fri, 06 Feb 2004 11:49:09 -0500

Hi Sean,

> Thanks for the quick fix. However, now im comming into another problem.
> When I do "./depend.sh --update" it will sit there for about 1 min, almost
> like its hanging and then it will suddenly pop up the slapt-get "usage" menu
> that shows all the available flags to use as if for some reason it didnt
> like the --update flag.   Just to see what would happen, I executed
> "./depend.sh --upgrade" and below is the output I get.  Pay special
> attention to the bottom most paragraph after the word "Done", it looks like
> the flags are being passed to 'grep' and not to slapt-get.  I hope this is
> another simple fix.  Thanks again, and keep up the great work.

Add a few lines to your script:

### add this check before the extracting package data echo
	if [ ! -f ${MF} ]; then echo "Failed to download MANIFEST"; exit 1; fi
 	echo "extracting package data"

### change this
if [ "$1" == "--update" ]; then shift; get_pkg_cache_data; fi
### to this
if [ "$1" == "--update" ]; then get_pkg_cache_data; exit; fi

You can get the updated FAQ here: http://software.jaos.org/BUILD/slapt-get/FAQ

Take care,
jason