Re[2]: [Slapt-get-user] how do I generate a PACKAGE.TXT

Jason Woodward slapt-get-user@software.jaos.org
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:14:19 -0400

--boundary-1090797256

Hi,

> I am sorry for my ignorance.I tried different combination but no result.
>
> Is it possible to write a how to for intsalling the dependecies from internet of some
downloaded packages. I used the script in faq 17 but there was an error in the script.

The script in FAQ #17 is for generating PACKAGES.TXT and CHECKSUM.md5.  It is only useful if
you are going to use a local cache of packages as a source.   What error did you see?

FAQ #31 presents a way to install dependencies along with a package.  I don't use it, maybe
someone on this list does and can chime in on how they use it.

> May be just me. I would really appreasciate a detailed how-to in this subject including
making a Checksum.md5 and a Package.txt

There are some posts on the linuxpackages.net forum that deal with different ways to get
dependency information as well as generate the PACKAGES.TXT and CHECKSUM.md5 files... I tried
to look for you and give a link but I couldn't find it among the many posts the search
returned.  That is a good place to start.

take care,
jason

--boundary-1090797256--