[Slapt-get-user] error attempting to read pkg description

Alex R alex at deviousmeans.net
Sat Nov 20 07:10:25 EST 2004

root at foo:~# slapt-get --upgrade

Reading Package Lists... error attempting to read pkg description

Done

The following packages have been EXCLUDED:

  lilo kernel-headers devs kernel-modules kernel-source kernel-ide

  ethereal

1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.

Need to get 4757K of archives.

After unpacking 510K of additional disk space will be used.

Do you want to continue? [y/N]

I get this a lot even though I keep on trying to run slapt-get -upgrade
again to see if it will fix it. What causes this error and how can I fix it?