[Slapt-get-user] Mozilla & Gnome problem after --update

Leon Brokken leobro at utu.fi
Wed Sep 22 07:46:40 EDT 2004

Stefan,

you might have missed the reply to your --downgrade option at 9/11:

> So maybe it would be good to have a --downgrade option to revert back to
> the previous installation? for important packages, it could be good if you
> could somehow 'cache' the old installation and revert back to the old
> installation if the new version doesn't work well...

You can already get that functionality.  Here's how;

--install accepts a package name with or without a version.  So you can specify the
package-version of X11 you want.  This allows to to downgrade if you want.  Also, you most
likely have a copy of the old package under /var/slapt get unless you ran --clean.

take care,
jason