[Slapt-get-user] Mozilla & Gnome problem after --update

Dan Barber danb at mojolin.com
Wed Sep 22 13:58:32 EDT 2004

It always makes sense to check the changelog for notes before upgrading,
though honestly, I rarely do.  And I've had very few problems.

And if you're going to use the current tree, then stick with the current
tree.  If you're trying to mix some elements of 10.0 with current, things
are going to break.

if you need to roll back to an older version, it's as simple as changing
your SOURCE def in your slapt-getrc file to the desired slackware version,
doing a slapt-get --update and then slapt-get --install --reinstall
desired_package.

Slapt-get is not going to do your thinking for you.  You have to be
smarter than the computer.

Dan