[Slapt-get-user] skip package option when error 404 received

Sean Donner siegex at atozcomp.com
Wed May 11 18:05:23 EDT 2005

> Hi Sean. I've just removed the 2 items with the asterix before em. The
> regex
> problem has now disappeared.

There was only one asterix that was in error, and that was the one all by
itself on the very far left. The only other asterix I see in your EXCLUDE
list is the one in the '.*-[0-9]dl$' section, and that one should be put
back if you removed it.  In that 2nd case the asterix is modifying the '.'
(another special regex character) which is fine.

> Those 2 items with the asterix prefix were there with the default install

Actually not quite.  The EXCLUDE line in the default install of slapt-get
looks like the following:

EXCLUDE=kernel-.*,alsa-.*,lilo,.*-[0-9]dl$,devs,aaa_elflibs

So I conclude that what you did was remove the 'kernel-.*' section but
only partially deleted the 'alsa-.*' section by accident.

Now although 'libsigc++' does not seem to be giving you errors, we are
still left with the fact that it may not be doing what you think it is.
If slapt-get's regex engine uses 'Extended Regular Expressions' (ERE's),
then that means '+' is taken as a repitition modifier (much like *) and
NOT a literal plus sign.  Jason will have to comment on this, but most
likly you will still have to escape out the +'s to get the effect you
want.

-Sean