[Slapt-get-user] Not Working As Expected

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 22 19:15:17 EDT 2006

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Jason Woodward wrote:

> This is not a valid package source.  Package sources are locations that point to a remote
> directory that contains the packages, along with PACKAGES.TXT and CHECKSUMS.md5.  If you visit
> this URL you'll see it is a page that contains links to mirrors of the top level FRG directory.
> This is also redundant with the following links.

Hi Jason,

   I forget on which web page I found a list of SOURCEs, but I figured that
slapt-get would pick the one it liked so I put them all in slapt-getrc.

>> SOURCE=http://mirror.datapipe.net/norlug/frg/frg-2.12.3/
>> SOURCE=ftp://ftp.brownjava.org/pub/frg/frg-2.12.3/
>
> These both point to the same source which needs only be specified once.

   Removed the second one.

> You should only need to specify 'slapt-get --install gnucash'.  If you really mean to specify
> the version, you want it in the form of 'slapt-get --install gnucash-2.0.1-i486-1frg'.

[root at salmo ~]# slapt-get --install gnucash
Reading Package Lists... Done
No such package: gnucash

Done

[root at salmo ~]# slapt-get --install gnucash-2.0.1-i486-1frg
Reading Package Lists... Done
No such package: gnucash-2.0.1-i486-1frg

Done

   This happened yesterday, too.

   What do I still need to fix?

Many thanks,