[Slapt-get-user] [Gsb-users] Not Working As Expected

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Thu Aug 24 11:31:26 EDT 2006

Hi Rich,

>    Now that I fixed that, gnucash cannot find other libraries. One missing
> dependency I fixed by making a soft link, and the application seems to be
> happy with that. But, this next one does not appear to be on my system:
>
> libavahi-glib.so.1

This is provided by the avahi package.  Typically you can take a substring of the library, sans
^lib, and search.  You'll find lib{foo} is often provided in a {foo} package.

>    I tried 'slapt-get --search libavahi-glib' but that returned nothing. So
> did variations on that theme. Is there a technique to using slapt-get to
> identify missing libraries other than the --search target?

Yes, but you would install the entire freerock installation in order to install its
dependencies.  Gnucash may have an incomplete list or a short list with only dependencies an
arm reach away.  The others may be assumptions based on an actual Freerock install.  Either
way, suggestions or patches as to which dependencies to add to specific packages are welcome.

Take care,
jason

--
Jason Woodward