[Slapt-get-user] dist upgrading

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Mon Mar 27 14:04:21 EST 2006

Hi,

> Hi, I just did a successful dist-upgrade using the current slapt-get,
> from slack 10.1 to 10.2, here's what I've found though: All my custom
> built pkgs no longer show in slapt-get --search, they are still
> installed, and can run, but no longer show in /var/log/packages
> either.
> Is this a known bug?

They wouldn't show up in search if they are not present in /var/log/packages.  Do they show up
in /var/log/removed_packages ?  Slapt-get, itself, does not install, upgrade, or otherwise
touch /var/log/packages outside of reading its contents to find out what is installed.  Perhaps
pkgtools upgraded those packages?  If you have a custom build tag on your custom built packages
you can add that to the exclude list with .*-[0-9]mytag$ in the EXCLUDE list.

HTH,
jason

--
Jason Woodward