[Slapt-get-user] slapt-get-0.9.11f on slack10.2

Per Börjesson sky at hi.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Nov 10 13:45:20 EST 2006

Hi,

I already have a slapt-get repository which has been used both as SOURCE and
WORKINGDIR for tracking current and then to sync with 11.0. This has worked
well on two of my desktops.

I used my 10.2 CD's to install Slackware on a laptop. Then I wanted to upgrade
it using slapt-get, so I installed slapt-get-0.9.11f on it, edited slapt-getrc
to point to my repository both as SOURCE and WORKINGDIR, and I also added a
SOURCE for ftp://ftp.slackware.no/pub/linux/slackware/slackware-11.0.

However when I try to use slapt-get to download packages I get error messages like:

Could not find MD5 checksum for acl, override with --no-md5
Get file:///cosmos/Linux_Download/slapt-get/ acl 2.2.39_1-i486-1 [0kB]...
** Resuming transfer from byte position 141674
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
Could not find MD5 checksum for acl, override with --no-md5
Download of acl incomplete

I have used the script from FAQ17 to to keep my repository in order, but I checked
in CHECKSUMS.md5 to see if any checksum was missing, and it certainly had an entry
for the package slapt-get was complaining about.

I then thought something must be wrong with my downloaded package because the error
message says "Resuming transfer from byte position 141674" as if the original
download was not properly completed. Therefore I renamed the tgz-file and executed the
FAQ17-script in the hope that this was just a local error. As a result slapt-get now
downloaded the "problematic package" from external source instead of my local source,
but then I got the same error for another package! After 4 renames where I get the
same error on the next package in the queue, I decided something is seriously wrong.
Comparing the newly downloaded packages with my renamed versions I had identical size
and time stamp, so I wonder if anything really is wrong with my old ones.

I had a look at http://software.jaos.org/ and to be sure I downloaded and installed
the slapt-get package for 10.2 just in case my copy was not made for 10.2, but this
did not change the problem.

Is this a known problem, and should I have found the solution in some doc?

Any ideas?

Regards
Per