[Slapt-get-user] slapt-get-0.9.11f on slack10.2

Per Börjesson sky at hi.eclipse.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 19:27:22 EST 2006

Jason Woodward wrote:
> Hi Per,
>
>> Sorry about the delay, I've been away.
>
> No worries.
>
>> I would like to say that I have had a very good experience with slapt-get on my two
>> desktops, so I believe that there must be some silly error here, it's just difficult
>> to find. There is probably nothing wrong with the slapt-get package on my laptop.
>>
>> root at m03r21a2905:~# slapt-get --show  acl 2.2.39_1-i486-1
>> Package Name: acl
>> Package Mirror: file:///cosmos/Linux_Download/slapt-get/
>> Package Location: ./slackware/a
>> Package Version: 2.2.39_1-i486-1
>> Package Size: 138 K
>> Package Installed Size: 350 K
>> Package Required:
>> Package Conflicts:
>> Package Suggests:
>> Package MD5 Sum:
>
> This is the problem.  The md5sum was not matched at --update time so this was never filled in
> within ${WORKING_DIR}/package_data.

OK, well spotted :)

>>> find /cosmos/Linux_Download/slapt-get/ -name acl-2.2.39_1-i486-1.tgz -exec md5sum {} \;
>> root at m03r21a2905:~# find /cosmos/Linux_Download/slapt-get/ -name acl-2.2.39_1-i486-1.tgz
> -exec md5sum {} \;
>> 2b5a7eca4d82e4a052d8233b2b6f4bb5
> /cosmos/Linux_Download/slapt-get/slackware/a/acl-2.2.39_1-i486-1.tgz
>> I also took the opportunity and copied the checksum from
> ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-11.0/CHECKSUMS.md5
>> which I pasted into the file "md5_for_acl". Then I did
>>
>> a 46% md5sum -c md5_for_acl
>> acl-2.2.39_1-i486-1.tgz: OK
>>
>> ...so it seems to me that the acl package is OK.
>
> Yeah, the package is fine.  The md5sum within your source directory isn't correctly defined.
> Can you send me a gzip'd copy of ${WORKING_DIR}/package_data, CHECKSUMS.md5, and PACKAGES.TXT?
>  The md5 checksum must match both the package name and location as it appears in the
> PACKAGES.TXT.

I wanted to see for myself, so I made some experiments. I cleaned up and recreated CHECKSUMS.md5
and PACKAGES.TXT using the script from FAQ17. They look healthy; all checksums are in CHECKSUMS.md5
with proper relative paths, and PACKAGES.TXT looks very much like package_data except for the
checksum.

When I run "slapt-get --update" It works in one of two ways:

   * from any of my desktops updated to 11.0 package_data contains the checksums for each package description

   * from my laptop mostly at 10.2 package_data contains NO checksum for any package description

I don't get any error message on my laptop, and it doesn't matter if I include a SOURCE for
//ftp.slackware.no/pub/linux/slackware/slackware-11.0 or not.

Is it possible that slapt-get-0.9.11f requires newer versions of some packages?

Please let me know if you still need the files.

> take care,
> jason

Regards
Per