[Slapt-get-user] Slapt-get not detecting beta versions?

rneri at libero.it rneri at libero.it
Tue Feb 13 09:55:43 EST 2007

Hi Jason,
I would like to report something I've noticed in slapt-get 0.9.11g.

I have an installed package called k9copy-1.1.0beta2-i486-1rn, and in my package repository there is its upgrade, called k9copy-1.1.0-i486-1rn; all the repository information files such as PACKAGES.TXT are up to date, slapt-get --update has been run, but slapt-get --upgrade won't detect the upgrade (although in /var/slapt-get/package_date I can only see the information on the new package)

Is there a possibility that slapt-get does not handle the "beta2" version suffix properly?

Kind regards
--
Having been asked to provide a reference for this man, I can confidently state that you will be very lucky indeed if you can get him to work for you.

  .~.  Roberto Neri
  /V\  Registered Linux User 88943.
 /( )\ Registered Machine 37596.
 ^^-^^ Palermo, Italy.