[Slapt-get-user] Upgrading EXCLUDEs

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Mon Oct 29 11:23:42 EDT 2007

What is the recommendation for upgrading EXCLUDEd packages? Can it be
done with slapt-get on an individual basis, or should upgradepkg be
used, instead?

For example, I want to upgrade glibc-zoneinfo. None of the simulations
I've tried produce the desired results. The only one that succeeds is this:

  slapt-get --simulate --ignore-excludes --upgrade

However, that doesn't allow me to cherry-pick from the EXCLUDE list.
I've dealt with this in the past by downloading the package and using
upgradepkg, but it would be more convenient to use slapt-get. Is it
possible?