[Slapt-get-user] How do I access only one directory of the main index?

George Vlahavas vlahavas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 05:14:27 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Xavian-Anderson Macpherson <
Shingoshi at comcast.net> wrote:

>  I'm running Slackware64 and want to install and keep updated compat
> packages for 32bit from Slamd64.
> http://slamd64.he.net/slamd64-current/slamd64/c/
> Is there a way to do this? If so, please give the proper instruction.
>
> Xavian-Anderson Macpherson
> Shingoshi

I don't think there is a way to only use a certain directory (short of
creating your own personal repository with those packages). But you can
assign a lower priority to the slamd64 repository and a higher priority to
the slackware64 repository you're using, like "DEFAULT" for slamd64 and
"OFFICIAL" for slackware64. That way compatibility packages will be
available and slackware64 packages will not get replaced by slamd64
packages.