[Slapt-get-user] FAQ 17. How do I create my own package source?

George Vlahavas vlahavas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 14:57:27 EDT 2010

2010/4/20 Per Börjesson <qso at bredband.net>:
> George Vlahavas wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the script is OK, but:
>>
>> 1. You don't have dc installed, which is in the bc package.
>
> Yes, I have ;)  "-dc" is not a command but a switch for the
> DECOMPRESS command.

Right, I misread that. But still, are you sure you have the latest
version of xz installed?

>> 2. You're trying to use txz or tlz packages in your repository, which
>> are not supported out of the box in 12.2. You'll need to install
>> pkgtools, xz and probably tar from 13.0 to use those.
>
> Actually, I'm executing the script in 12.2 on a WORKINGDIR for 13.0
> that contains txz packages. I have made the upgrades in 12.2 to
> be able to use lzma/tar/pkgtools.

Are you possibly using txz packages from current too? These don't
decompress with the lzma command, they explicitly need xz instead. Try
to change this line:

tlz|txz) DECOMPRESS=lzma ;;

to:

tlz) DECOMPRESS=lzma ;;