[Slapt-get-user] Package retrieval error

Steven Saner steve at saner.net
Sat Oct 8 00:41:46 EDT 2011

On 10/07/2011 11:36 PM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> Try slapt-get update first then try that slapt-get install command and see
> what happens.  The thing that's weird here and an error is that the
> package was found before you issued that update command.On Fri, 7 Oct
> 2011, Steven Saner wrote:

I should have replied to the list. Jason pointed out to me that I should
try the --print-urls option which prints the full URL of the file to be
retrieved. I did that and it printed the correct URL. I then tried to
wget that and it failed too, which eventually led me to realize that I
had a permissions problem on the file and the ftp server was simply
refusing to retrieve the file.

Thanks for the reply though.

Steve