[Slapt-get-user] Minimum system requirements for slapt-src

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Mon Aug 27 15:41:17 EDT 2012

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:27:56 -0400
"Jason Woodward" <woodwardj at jaos.org> wrote:

> > I was wondering, after failing to try slapt-src on Vector Linux (I
> > guess it is the same under Slackware, Zenwalk and Salix), if there
> > should be a note about the minimum system or RAM requirements for
> > it.
> >
> > I recall getting a message in console on not enough memory
> > available.
> >
> > The machine which was tested was a 2004 IBM with 250MB RAM.
>
> Can you paste a console log? Was the message from gcc or another
> utility or was it slapt-src? I've successfully been testing
> slapt-src on minimal virtual instances with 64MB of memory.

I have installed another distro which has only binary packages. I will
not test anything on this machine soon. I think it was slapt-src.
I assume my report is invalid since you have tested it on a 64MB
virtual instance of a virtual machine.
I might try slapt-src again on this machine somewhen with Salix or
Zenwalk or another Slackware based distro which provides slapt-src.

Machine details:
CPU: 1.60GHz
RAM: 220MB
IBM: R50e