[Slapt-get-user] [GSlapt] Splitting categories from current translation files

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Wed Sep 5 01:47:44 EDT 2012

Hello,

Suggestion
----------
Translate categories separately from .po files.

Synopsis
--------
Different repositories of Slackware based GNU/Linux distributions are
often using their own categories which are not included in the current
gslapt.pot.

Proposal
--------
In order to avoid clutter in adding and adjusting the translation of
categories by editing the current gslapt.pot file, the strings of
categories should be arranged and handled in a separate file.

Translation of categories is located at /usr/share/gslapt/series_map.rc

Note
----
It is not the responsibility of Jason to monitor changes of different
distributions and repositories, it is the role of those who are
interested (users and repository maintainers) in making their
idiosyncratic and unique categories to be listed for translation.

* Obviously, before we can do anything in this matter, we need the
 consent of Jason to separate categories/locations from the .po files
 and then we can start to manage the rest of the categories.

@Users, please voice your opinions in this matter.

Regards,
--GK.

--