|author||Jason Woodward||2006-11-19 21:34:40 +0000|
|committer||Jason Woodward||2006-11-19 21:34:40 +0000|
1 files changed, 10 insertions, 5 deletions
@@ -45,7 +45,8 @@ Table of Contents:
* upgrade from one Slackware release to another in a few simple steps
* show description of packages, including mirror location, version, size,
dependencies (where available), conflicts (where available), suggestions
- (where available), description, and installation status
+ (where available), description, installation status, and the package
+ changelog entry (where available).
* exclude (hold) packages from upgrades, by name or by regular expression
* transaction engine for install, remove, and upgrades, reporting concise
information on what is to be done, ensuring each step happens correctly
@@ -103,11 +104,12 @@ Table of Contents:
as rigorously tested as official packages.
* WORKINGDIR will hold the package data and downloaded packages.
- This directory will have to be created.
+ This directory will be created automatically as permissions
* EXCLUDE is a comma separated list of packages you want excluded from
updating. This can be the package name, or a extended POSIX regex.
- For example, to exclude Dropline, use .*-[0-9]dl$
+ For example, to exclude Dropline, use .*-[0-9]dl$. See regex(7).
@@ -135,12 +137,15 @@ Table of Contents:
* --clean to remove all downloaded packages from the local cache.
* --autoclean to remove packages from local cache that are no longer
available on the package sources specified in the slapt-getrc file.
+ * --remove-obsolete along with --remove or --dist-upgrade will mark
+ all non-downloadable packages for removal.
- Probably lots of bugs. email bug reports to me:
+ Probably some bugs. Email bug reports to me:
Jason Woodward <woodwardj at jaos dot org>
or directly to the mailing lists:
@@ -156,7 +161,7 @@ Table of Contents:
Please do not add redundant mirror locations to the same release. Mirror
fall back is not implemented (see FAQ #50). Also, any time the source url(s)
- are changed, slapt-get --update must be run to update local cache.
+ are changed, slapt-get --update must be run to update the local cache.
If you are getting segfaults, add -g to CFLAGS in the Makefile, change the
DEBUG define in src/main.h to 1, and rebuild ( make clean && make ). Run