|author||Jason Woodward||2005-01-29 19:01:56 +0000|
|committer||Jason Woodward||2005-01-29 19:01:56 +0000|
changed order of transaction, removes now happen first in case files in the packages to be removed are shared with those packages about to be installed or upgraded.
Diffstat (limited to 'FAQ')
1 files changed, 5 insertions, 4 deletions
@@ -552,10 +552,11 @@ Frequently Asked Questions:
user passes in --no-prompt on the command line). After this confirmation, all
packages will be downloaded before anything else happens. If anything fails
to download, the transaction is immediately aborted. If all packages download
- successfully, all packages to be installed (new installs) are installed first.
- This should satisfy dependencies of the packages to be upgraded, which follow
- after the new installs. Finally, all removals in the transaction are
- completed. This helps keep your system in a consistent state.
+ successfully, all removals in the transaction are completed first (in case
+ packages being installed/upgraded share files with the packages to be removed).
+ Next, all packages to be installed (new installs) are installed. This should
+ satisfy dependencies of the packages to be upgraded, which follow after the new
+ installs. This helps keep your system in a consistent state.
27. How does the package version comparison algorithm work?