Diffstat (limited to 'FAQ')
1 files changed, 6 insertions, 7 deletions
@@ -693,20 +693,19 @@ Frequenty Asked Questions:
Packages such as lprng and cups sometimes duplicate the same functionality.
To address this, include within your package ./install/slack-conflicts. This
- file has the same syntax as the slack-required file.
+ file has the same syntax as the slack-required file, just without the version
The following is a fictitious example of a lprng slack-conflicts file:
# cat ./install/slack-conflicts
- gnome-cups-manager <= 0.16
- libgnomecups <= 0.1.5
- In this example, we want to specify that the gnome-cups-manager and
- libgnomecups packages are in conflict if they are below a certain version,
- (supposing that the older versions do not support lprng). The third entry,
- cups, is a direct conflict, without any compatible version.
+ In this example, we want to specify that the gnome-cups-manager, cups, and
+ libgnomecups packages are in direct conflict with lprng.
34. Is the ROOT environment variable honored for install and upgrading?