[Slapt-get-devel] Re: slapt-get implementations

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Tue Apr 13 17:05:48 EDT 2004

Hi Alexandre,

> - added proxy support in configuration file
> - added proxy authentication in configuration file

Those can be set via the http_proxy environment variable, such as
http_proxy=https://user:pass@host as well as via the ~/.netrc file.

I don't see much of a benefit to having them hardcoded in a system readable file for all to see.

> - verbose mode in config file
> - show progress also in configuration file

These may be beneficial to have as a configurable option instead of compile time.  I'll look
into merging this code, unless you want to submit a proper patch.

Thanks and take care,
jason