[Slapt-get-devel] Re: slapt-get exit codes

J Kvalvaag jk at nerdworks.org
Wed Aug 4 18:39:32 EDT 2004

>> I am playing around a little with my update-notifier script, and found that
>> if
>> you have a typo in your slapt-getrc, so that download fails, slapt-get still
>> has exit code 0. This makes it a little harder to do error checking when
>> scripting slapt-get.
>>
>> That is when doing "slapt-get --update".
>
> Try this patch... in your slapt-get source directory, zcat this file and pipe
> it to |patch -p0
>

> let me know how that works out for you... i'll commit it to cvs tonight.

Gee, that was quick, again :-) 0.9.8j already in CVS.

The patch is tested, and it works for me.

I think I will let the script stay like it is for a while for backwards
compability. The 0 exit code was not a big issue for the script, but it took a
while to figure out what caused the problem ;).
I will probably rewrite the script to use the error code again, but at the
same time it will have to check that the user has at least version 0.9.8j

Thanks,
Joran