[Slapt-get-devel] bug with package named like tcpip-0.17-i486-31b

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Sat Aug 27 17:42:30 EDT 2005

Hi,

> i have made a daily cron job to update my slackware 10.1 with the security
> patches by using slapt-get. it has run smoothly for many months now...
>
> I am happy to see the change in the last slapt-get which have made disapeared
> those annoying /\/\ in my cron mail ...

Glad to hear it.

> and today i have just discovered that i still use tcpip-0.17-i486-31 and that
> slapt-get  HAS NOT upgraded to the last tcpip-0.17-i486-31b found in patches
> since the 2005-10-01 !!!

Yes, that was posted in the changelog.  The version and build are essentially the same.
slapt-get only looks at the integer value of the build portion, hence 31 and 31b are
equivalant.  This is one of those situations where reading the changelogs is important.

take care,
jason

--
Jason Woodward