[Slapt-get-devel] Translation typo.

Jörgen Lidholm jorgen.lidholm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 17:00:18 EDT 2005

On 6/13/05, Jason Woodward <woodwardj at jaos.org> wrote:
> Hi Jörgen,
>
> > When I started gslapt up for the first time, I added lots of
> > repositories. Then I wanted to upgrade my system, and of course gslapt
> > suggested that I should upgrade with a certain set of packages from each
> > and every one of the repos I added. This is of course expekted.
> >
> > Lots of my packages I want to be upgraded from a "trusted" slackware
> > repos (actually a slackware.com mirror) and some I don't care who
> > actually created the package.
> >
> > I don't have _the_ sollution for this, but I have a few vague ideas that
> > maybe could develop into something nice!
> >
> > If I only want to upgrade from specific slackware mirrors:
> > 1) In the source settings one could have checkboxes in front of each
> > source, which should activate or deactivate a source. This way I don't
> > have to remove them from the source settings.
> >
> > 2) gslapt could suggest all newer versions of my package
> > foo-x.y.z-arch-1, like:
> >   # foo-x.y.z-arch-2me
> >   # foo-x.y.z-arch-2you
> >   # ...
> >  I can't come up with a nice interface for this. (thinking... ;-) )
>
> You can do that now with a search of: ^./slackware/
>
> That only shows official slackware packages.
>
> The configuration parser currently throughs out all disabled/commented out sources.

Did a quick test here, and unfortunately it doesn't look like that
works for me...
Or maybe we just missunderstand each other.
I did the search to only show slackware packages, pressed "Mark all
upgrades" and Execute. Anyway gslapt says it will upgrade from both
from slackwares source and from linuxpackages.

> > One more thing. I think it would be nice to be able to save searches
> > that later on could be clicked like a quick search... Ok saving them
> > sounds quite weired, more like a clickable search history.
>
> Yes.  I have autocomplete functionality built in but turned off by default.  Saving searches,
> per session, however is doable.  I'll look into that.

Great! =)

/Jörgen

> take care,
> jason