[Slapt-get-devel] Bug in 0.9.10.d

A.J. Venter aj at getopenlab.com
Mon Oct 10 15:21:27 EDT 2005

I did a lot of checking, and it's definitely a bug in 0.9.10d - it doesn't
happen if you revert to 0.9.10c

The problem lies with repositories like stabelini.net which only provide
package lists (in this case a very USEFULL one because Stefano's lists are
dependency tracked - thank you amigo), but actually have the PACKAGE_MIRROR
field set differently so that the actual downloads come from a site that
really has the packages (in this case slacware.at)

With 0.9.10c, it reads the package mirror field from the repository, and
generates package_data with that as the mirror.
With 0.9.10d it ignores the package mirror field in the repository, and puts
the source address into package_data instead.

I have ONLY tested this with Stefano's repository, but I can confirm these
results on two sepperate computers (one in germany, one in SA)

Ciao
A.J.

--
"80% Of a hardware engineer's job is application of the uncertainty principle.
80% of a software engineer's job is pretending this isn't so."