[Slapt-get-devel] maybe a slapt-get's bug

Stefano Stabellini stefano at stabellini.net
Thu Sep 22 13:17:30 EDT 2005

Jason Woodward wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>

>>You can find the file repository.tar.gz here:
>>
>>http://www.stabellini.net/repository.tar.gz
>>
>>in the file there are the PACKAGES.TXT I modified for local sources
>>(/mnt/cdrom the first Slackware cdrom, /mnt/cdrom2 the second), and the
>>CHECKSUMS.md5, that is a copy of the official file from Slackware 10.2.
>

> Ah, very good!  It works here with SOURCE=file:///tmp/repository/ .

great!

>>I forgot the most important thing: I was using slapt-get 0.9.10.
>>Even if I download the last slapt-get from cvs, I doubt I can simulate
>>the situation where I encountered the problem, because it only happened
>>on my working and production system, not with systems I use for building
>>packages, qemu, etc. I can't downgrade to 10.1 and try again :)
>

> I'd like for you to be able to confirm with the lastest (0.9.10c) at least, if not cvs (0.9.10d
> upcoming).  I  understand your situation.  Let me know when/if you are able to upgrade and test.

Ok, give me some time and I should be able to try again (after a couple
of backup ;)

I was thinking about the entry in the slapt-get FAQ, it could be like this:

--

*Can I "dist-upgrade" to a newer Slackware release with dependency
resolution?

slapt-get does not provide dependency resolution for vanilla
 Slackware packages however you may use this slapt-get repository to
upgrade to Slackware 10.2:

SOURCE=http://www.stabellini.net/slackware-10.2

it provides dependecy informations for official Slackware packages so
that you can use slapt-get to resolve dependecies.
You can find more informations here:

http://www.stabellini.net/depslack.html

--

Since English isn't my first language and I'm not so good at it, feel
free to change everything you want.

Take care,

Stefano Stabellini