[Slapt-get-devel] slapt-get CVS Makefile update w/ updated Makefile

Derek Benson zhizaki at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 27 02:37:08 EDT 2005

Jason,

Thanks for the feedback. I followed your advice and renamed the variables to
something with a more proper overtone and made some minor progress since
this afternoon when I first emailed. I've added a .tgz install ability. It's
a bit primative, but it also lead to an update in the "make pkg" script and
I'll be happy to edit the man page soon to reflect the update if ya'll
approve. I know it's not much, but it took sometime and I would like to
share it. Sorry if I seem a little eager, but I've been looking something to
contribute to and this seems like a definate worthy cause. I've been toying
with several naming conventions for all the new stuff to fit into what is
present already, but if you have anymore suggestions, then let me know.
Anyway, back to what I've done so far:

#Variables that I have created:

PKG_DEST_DIR=/opt/packages/
PKG_LABEL=$(PACKAGE)-$(VERSION)-$(ARCH)-$(RELEASE)
PKG_TGZ=$(PKG_LABEL).tgz
PKG_PATH=$(PKG_DEST_DIR)$(TGZ_NAME)

# Added all of those to the bottom of the variables, for quick reference.
Still checking into how to
# add a possible feature to change PKG_DEST_DIR from the command line. Will
notify ya'll when I
# do.

# Additional script I modified at the end of ` dopkg ` and added for `
pkg-intsall `.

dopkg:

  -( cd pkg; /sbin/makepkg -1 y -c n $(PKG_TGZ) )
  ( if [ ! -d $(PKG_DEST_DIR) ]; then mkdir -p $(PKG_DEST_DIR); else echo
"$(PKG_DEST_DIR) exists."; fi; )
  ( cd pkg; /usr/bin/mv -v $(PKG_TGZ) $(PKG_DEST_DIR) )

po_file:

pkg-install:

  clear
  if [ -f $(PKG_PATH) ]; the installpkg $(PKG_PATH); fi

So, that is honestly all I have accomplished through trial and error and a
few "BASH for Beginners" texts. The `installpkg` has the -infobox option
which pops up with the slackware signature turquiose installation screen,
but I thought that might be a bit overboard, yet worth bringing up. So I'm
off to hack my router and hopefully some scripting with slapt-get. I'll send
you any more nifty updates I come up with. I have included the new Makefile
as well for review. See if anyone else thinks it's groovy. Thanks!

Thanks again for the advice,

Derek "ZhiZaki" Benson