[Slapt-get-devel] 'Update' button in Gslapt

George Vlahavas vlahavas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 17:45:17 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 3:20 AM,  <mmueller at live-modules.org> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> from a native English speakers point of view and for advanced users 'Refresh' would make sense...
>
> But if I would try to translate this string for the community I am referring to I wouldn't know a German translation which makes sense (at least for for Germans...).
>
> In my opinion another practicable way could be naming the string 'Update package info' because this in fact is the buttons function...

I think "Refresh" would be OK. In fact, I used the greek word for
"refresh" for translating the existing "Update" string in greek. It
just made more sense that way. I believe that translations don't have
to be word-for-word, so if another word makes more sense in your
language, it's better to use that instead.

On the other hand, I don't think there's any confusion between
"Update" and "Mark all upgrades", as it is right now (it's not "Mark
all updates", that would have been confusing indeed). Just my 2c...

Best regards,

George