[Slapt-get-devel] Removing alternative dependencies

George Vlahavas vlahavas at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 09:46:52 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 3:40 AM, <woodwardj at jaos.org> wrote:

> Hi George,
>
> > There seems to be a problem concerning slapt-get and alternative
> > dependencies when removing packages.
>
> Thanks for the detailed report.  I reproduced immediately trying to remove
> openssl while
> openssl-solibs was installed and it triggered slapt-get and gslapt to also
> be removed.
>
> I believe this is fixed in the most recent commit.  While I was looking
> around I noticed a
> chance to refactor some old code so that ended up taking most of last night
> before I could
> actually tackle the real problem.
>
> Please let me know if you notice anything with the current slapt-get and
> gslapt.  If everything
> looks ok I will put out a release this weekend.
>

> take care,
> jason

Thank you Jason! slapt-get seems to work fine now, but I'm getting segfaults
with gslapt whenever I mark any package for removal.

Also, I've found a couple of strings in gslapt that are not being
translated, although they are included in the .po files. The first one is:
"Need to get %.0f%s of archives."
and the other one:
"After unpacking %.0f%s disk space will be freed."
both visible at the "Summary" window when installing/upgrading packages.

And I think I have a feature request concerning alternative dependencies.
Now, if none of the alternative dependencies are installed, the first one in
the list is pulled. Could this be changed so that the smaller package gets
installed instead? I think this is what most people would want. What do you
think?

Regards,

George