[Slapt-get-devel] Include all translations in the gslapt.pot file

George Vlahavas vlahavas at gmail.com
Mon May 24 11:28:10 EDT 2010

Hi Jason,

You will find here a patch for including all translations in the
gslapt.pot file and resulting .po files:
http://pnboy.pinguix.com/gapan/salix/gslapt/gslapt-0.5.3a-all-in-pot.patch.gz

The patch replaces the gslapt.desktop, gslapt-kde.desktop and
series_map.rc files with their .in equivalents. It also updates all
.po files with the strings included in those and the translations that
were already in the .desktop files and the series_map.rc file have
been kept. I have also converted all .po files to using utf8, it
avoids problems with merging translations from the .in files.

I didn't touch the make rules, because I simply have no clue on how to do that.

To merge the translations from the .po files into the .desktop.in
files and create the final .desktop files, you have to run:
intltool-merge po/ -d -u gslapt.desktop.in gslapt.desktop
intltool-merge po/ -d -u gslapt-kde.desktop.in gslapt-kde.desktop

To create the series_map.rc file from the series_map.rc.in file you'll
have to run the create-series_map.sh script below. It's not very
clean, because it's not a standard .desktop file and can't be used
with intltool directly, but it was the only trick I could think of to
keep the existing file format.
http://pnboy.pinguix.com/gapan/salix/gslapt/create-series_map.sh

The update-pot.sh script shows how to update an already existing
gslapt.pot file with new entries from the .desktop.in and
series_map.rc.in files.
http://pnboy.pinguix.com/gapan/salix/gslapt/update-pot.sh

Hope these will help a bit...

Best regards,