[Slapt-get-devel] right arch package selection

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Thu Dec 15 12:38:38 EST 2011

> I have this problem too. Looks like EXCLUDE is just ignored. I'm pretty
> sure,
> that EXCLUDE worked fine before, but I haven't been able to bisect the
> issue,
> as old versions has problems with gpgme :(

It isn't a problem with the excludes.  They've never been passed this far
down.  The main problem is proper handling of multi-arch.  Or at least if
all things being equal but the arch flag, make the arch that matches the
host the higher priority all the way down in the version comparision.

I've not yet come up with something that I can live with yet.  I've asked
the ktown maintainer if he's be willing to split up the arches into
individual package listings for now.  I am not sure he's gotten around to
it yet (it has been a while since I pinged).

take care,
jason
--
Jason Woodward