[Slapt-get-devel] trouble with conflicts

George Vlahavas vlahavas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 05:24:20 EDT 2011

Hi Jason,

I think I hit a bug with package conflicts and dependency removals. Here's
how to replicate, using slapt-get 0.10.2i:

Having these sources in slapt-getrc:

SOURCE=http://salix.enialis.net/i486/slackware-13.37/:OFFICIAL
SOURCE=http://salix.enialis.net/i486/slackware-13.37/extra/:OFFICIAL
SOURCE=http://salix.enialis.net/i486/13.37/:PREFERRED

make sure you don't have any scim* packages installed. Now, install some
ibus* packages:

# slapt-get -i ibus ibus-hangul ibus-m17n

ibus-* packages depend on ibus itself, so a:

# slapt-get --remove ibus

correctly prompts for removal of all ibus-* packages (don't remove them
yet):

Reading Package Lists...Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  ibus-hangul ibus-m17n ibus-pinyin ibus
0 upgraded, 0 reinstalled, 0 newly installed, 4 to remove, 0 not upgraded.
After unpacking 4.3MB disk space will be freed.

Now, scim and ibus conflict each other. Here's what I get if I try to
install scim:

# slapt-get -i scim
Reading Package Lists...Done
Installed ibus conflicts with scim
  scim
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  ibus
0 upgraded, 0 reinstalled, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove, 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 1.0MB of archives.
After unpacking 832.0kB of additional disk space will be used.

Since ibus is being removed I was expecting all ibus-* packages that depend
on ibus to be removed just if I was running slapt-get --remove ibus.

Best regards,

George