[Slapt-get-devel] slapt-get to send distro name (i.e. User-Agent)

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Mon Aug 19 09:18:11 EDT 2013

Hello,

I apologies for this late respond.  Message is below.

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 19:49:41 -0400
"Jason Woodward" <woodwardj at jaos.org> wrote:

> > I have a proposal which most likely be rejected by everyone.
> >
> > I was wondering whether it would be worthy to add some sort of
> > User-Agent into GSlapt in order to let to repository administrators
> > to recognize the distros which are using their repositories, and by
> > that to gather statistics which might bring Slackware derivative
> > developers and distributors an idea on what can be done in order to
> > make Slackware and Slackware based systems more popular and
> > prevalent.
> >
> > I guess that it would be a legitimate thing to do, only temporarily.
> > * Setting slapt-get to send distro name (by User-Agent).
> > * Prompting on first run whether to send or not send distro name.
> > * An option in GSlapt to easily toggle an option to send distro
> > name.
>
> It would not be to difficult if someone wanted to do it. The
> user-agent is already set
>
> [14/Aug/2013:19:45:11 -0400] "HEAD /slackpacks/14.0/PACKAGES.TXT.gz
> HTTP/1.1" 200 - "-" "slapt-get"
>
> It is problematic from an upstream perspective since I would have to
> maintain a list of distributions.

This can be set, individually, at slapt-getrc by distribution
maintainers who would want to make use of such feature.

--
Defending the constitution is expensive!
Help Lavabit.com by donating to the Lavabit Legal Defense Fund

support at lavabit.com