[Slapt-get-devel] slapt-get conflicts bug

George Vlahavas vlahavas at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 09:14:07 EDT 2014

Hi Jason,

with these lines in the slapt-getrc:

SOURCE=http://slackware.org.uk/salix/x86_64/slackware-14.1/:OFFICIAL
SOURCE=http://slackware.org.uk/salix/x86_64/slackware-14.1/extra/:OFFICIAL
SOURCE=http://slackware.org.uk/salix/x86_64/14.1/:PREFERRED

when I install nixnote (which depends on "openjre|openjdk") with
slapt-get, opejre is pulled as a dependency and installed with nixnote.
But then, if I try to install openjdk (which conflicts with openjre),
slapt-get wants to remove nixnote, although it depends on either openjdk
or openjre.

# slapt-get -i openjdk
Reading Package Lists...Done
Installed openjre conflicts with openjdk
   openjdk
The following packages will be REMOVED:
   nixnote openjre
0 upgraded, 0 reinstalled, 1 newly installed, 2 to remove, 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 99.6MB/100.5MB of archives.
After unpacking 128.1MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [y/N] n

# slapt-get --show nixnote |grep Required
Package Required:   openjre|openjdk

I am under the impression that we had talked about this same problem
sometime in the past and I thought that you had fixed it, but maybe I'm
thinking about something else.

Regards,

George