[Slapt-get-devel] Use slackware.uk/sbosrcarch as alternative source for downloads

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Sat Oct 1 00:22:19 UTC 2016

Hi George,

> > You're probably aware of
> this project that tries to
mirror all source files
> > used in SBo:

http://slackware.uk/sbosrcarch

> > Since the biggest problem of SBo

is broken downloads, it is very useful if a
> > tarball cannot be

downloaded from its original location. I think it might be
> > a good

idea for slapt-src to try to find the missing tarballs in slackware.uk

if the original one cannot be reached.

> > I wrote a patch for
> this,
which I'm sending now. I'm not sure if this is
> > something you
> would
like to have in slapt-src, or if this is the best way to

> implement
it, but I tried it with a few SlackBuilds that have a broken
> > download
link at this moment and it works for me...

> SlackBuilds that you
can use for testing right now include:
> > -
> distrho-mini-series
> > -
distrho-ports (this one has multiple downloads)
> > - fbterm
> > - fst

- jost_bin
> > - libebur128 (fails to
> download from both)
> > - eric
(downloads from primary URL but fails md5
> check)
> > - libxbgi

and probably a lot more.

> > What do
> you think?

Thats pretty good
for a local hack but not very portable.  Would it be better to have a local
mirror that replaces the URL in the SLACKBUILDS.TXT?

take care,
jason
woodwardj at jaos.org