[Slapt-get-user] ]egex failed on [PACKAGE NAME

Christian Viller Hansen slapt-get-user@software.jaos.org
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:12:35 +0000

Hi Jason

Jason Woodward wrote:

>Are you setting the http_proxy and ftp_proxy enviroment variables?  Your proxy might be
>mangling the files as they come through.  What proxy software are you using, squid?

Yes I do set http_proxy and ftp_proxy. My setup uses 3 computers, A(my
laptop/workstation), B(linux server) and C(solaris worksation). I have
installed squid on C and from A I make a ssh tunnel to C through B.

ssh B -L 3280:C:3128

export ftp_proxy=ftp://localhost:3280

Hmm... I just tested slapt-get using my proxy and http'mirrors instead
of ftp. It worked fine. I might have to configure the squid server.

>>BTW: Is anyone working on a danish translation?
>>

>No, not yet.  Interested?

I think so, but I have some exams in December, so I can't do it right now.

Regards
Christian