[Slapt-get-user] ChangeLog.txt + update-notifier Error

J Kvalvaag slapt-get-user@software.jaos.org
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 18:13:03 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Thank you for reporting problems.

> Again, thank you for the quick fix and thanks for looking into SMTP AUTH.
> One more quick question, im not sure if you changed the behavior of your
> script, but it seems to email me with the subject "ALERT: Upgraded packages
> are available for maximus.atozcomp.com"  and then the message body states
> that there are 0 packages that need to be upgraded as you can see below.  If
> this *is* the expected behavior and an email is sent every time it's run, I
> think the subject should be changed since its misleading, and it would be
> nice to have an option to disable this behavior and only have it email me
> when there are packages to be downloaded/installed.

The behavior you are experiencing is certainly not the intended behavior, most
people get enough email as it is.
I have not been able to reproduce your problem, so I wonder if you could
provide a copy of your slapt-getrc file? Maybe that can give me something to
work on.

Jason, I hope you dont mind your list is being used for discussing the
update-notifier.

--
Joran