[Slapt-get-user] Package won't install with really long name.

Luke Yelavich slapt-get-user@software.jaos.org
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 22:27:41 +1000

Hi Jason
Just set up a new Slackware work installation for my own use, with slapt-get.
I recently renamed my kernel packages to kernel-ide-as-arch, etc. Whenever
I try and perform a "slapt-get --install kernel-ide-as-i686", it comes back
to me saying that there is no package named kernel. The name has 4 sections
separated by dashes. I can install and remove the package normally with the
Slackware tools.

Just wondering whether this is a problem with slapt-get or my repository setup?

Thanks in advance.
--
Luke Yelavich
http://www.audioslack.com